By default, it’s enabled on iPhones; however, sometimes, it may need to be temporarily disabled to access specific websites or improve the web experience.
By the end of it all, you will thoroughly understand its potential.
- Open Safari: Locate and tap the Safari icon on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Access Settings: Now, navigate to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll Down: Scroll down to find “Safari” in the list of apps, and tap on it.
- Open the Browser: Launch the third-party browser of your choice (e.g., Chrome, Firefox) on your iPhone.
- Access Browser Settings: Typically, you’ll find a menu icon, represented by three dots or lines. Tap on it to open the settings menu.
- Find Website Settings: Look for “Settings” or “Site Settings” in the menu, and tap on it.
- Access Control Center: Swipe down from the upper-right corner (iPhone X and later) or swipe up from the bottom (iPhone 8 and earlier) to open the Control Center.
- Activate Siri: Press and hold the side button (iPhone X and later) or the home button (iPhone 8 and earlier) to activate Siri.
- Enable VoiceOver: Go to “Settings” > “Accessibility” > “VoiceOver” and toggle it on.
- Open Private Browsing: Launch Safari and open a new tab in private browsing mode by tapping the icon in the bottom-right corner (a square with a number inside).
- Access Settings: Tap the “Settings” app on your iPhone’s home screen.
- Scroll Down: Scroll down and select “Safari” from the list of apps.
- Open Safari: Launch Safari on your iPhone.
- Access a Webpage: Navigate to a webpage, and when you’re on the page, tap the “Reader” icon in the address bar (it looks like a book).
- Activate Reader Mode: In Reader mode, tap the “aA” icon in the address bar.
- Access Restrictions: Open the “Settings” app, go to “Screen Time” > “Content & Privacy Restrictions” > “Content Restrictions.”
- Delete Safari: If none of the previous methods worked, you can delete Safari temporarily. To do this, go to “Settings” > “General” > “iPhone Storage” > find “Safari” and tap on it > “Delete App.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Happy browsing – and may your digital adventures continue to provide exciting and rewarding adventures!